What does Tompkins Financial Corporation do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and Income
- Transaction history and checking account information
- Account balances and payment history
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information, the reasons Tompkins Financial Corporation chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
Tompkins Financial Corporation, including all of its affiliates.
What we do
How does Tompkins Financial Corporation protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Tompkins Financial Corporation collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Provide account information or deposit money
- Apply for a loan or use your credit or debit card
- Apply for insurance
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account – unless you tell us otherwise
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include financial companies, such as Tompkins Trust Company; Tompkins Bank of Castile; Tompkins Mahopac Bank; Tompkins VIST Bank; Tompkins Financial Advisors; nonfinancial companies, such as Tompkins Insurance Agencies Inc.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- Tompkins Financial Corporation does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partner(s) include credit card companies.
To Limit Our Sharing:
You may elect to opt out of such disclosure by clicking here and completing a Privacy Opt-Out Request form
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we provided or sent this notice.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call toll-free 888-273-3210