NYS Paid Family Leave
In the second year of New York State’s Paid Family Leave benefit, there are several updates employers need to be aware of.
Effective 1/1/19, the following updates will occur for NYS Paid Family Leave:
- Maximum number of weeks in a 52 week period will increase from 8 weeks to 10 weeks
- Benefit will increase from 50% of the Average Weekly Wage (AWW) to 55%
- AWW will increase from $1,305.92/week to $1357.11
- Maximum weekly benefit will increase from $652.96 to $746.41
- Payroll contribution will increase from .126% to .153%
- Annual maximum contribution will increase from $85.56 to $107.97
Details,frequently asked questions, and employer resources can be found on the official site:
As always, if you have questions about your program with us, or about any of the employee benefits or insurance programs we offer, please reach out to your trusted Tompkins advisor.
Ranked among the top 100 commercial insurance brokers in the nation.
Ranked among the Top 100 independent property/casualty agencies in the nation.
Consistently ranked among the Top 3 commercial insurance firms in the Rochester/Monroe County area.
Named Agency of the Year.
We're proud our employees ranked us among the nation's best insurance agencies to work for!