Invite spring in with this seasonal and healthy recipe!
Now that the warm weather is right around the corner, many are prepping their patio furniture and readying their bodies for the beach. Eating healthy and staying satisfied can often feel like a catch-22. Fortunately, some meals do offer the combination! **cue the trumpets**
Try this wheat-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan-friendly, healthy recipe. You’re probably wondering if this salad actually tastes of anything… Luckily, it’s packed full of superfoods, vitamins, and complimentary pairings to ensure your taste buds are completely satisfied!
Quinoa salad with black beans and avocado:
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
• 1 cup frozen sweet corn
• 1 medium avocado, diced
• 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
2. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
3. Add corn, avocado, tomatoes and black beans to quinoa.
4. Gently stir in lime juice mixture.
5. For best results, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
From the insurance professionals at Tompkins Insurance Agencies, we hope you enjoy this taste-of-spring recipe! For all of your insurance needs, contact us today.