Is your electricity bill sky high? Use less, waste less, and pay less!
Electricity prices are rising and utility bills are getting ugly. Even though electricity is a simple necessity that we couldn’t imagine living without, there are easy ways to reduce your consumption to save on your outgoing costs.
Luckily, there are ways to save on your monthly bill by cutting down your usage. Read on for quick and easy tips!
- Disarm your devices. Appliances that are plugged in, even if they’re switched off, are sucking up energy. Cut off devices that siphon your energy.
- Splurge for solar panels. One of the best ways to save electricity is to produce your own. With grants and payment plans available, you can put the sun’s energy to use!
- Clean your fridge coils. Clean up behind your fridge, including the coils. This is where dust accumulates, meaning your fridge has to work harder. Keeping your fridge working as efficiently as possible means that you use less energy!
- Turn down your thermostat. If you’re feeling chilly, pull on a sweater rather than turning up the heating, known for draining energy and your wallet.
- Upgrade your appliances. Update your devices and appliances to newer, more energy-efficient models. Many local governments and utility companies offer financial incentives, too!
- Seal up air leaks. Save money by using inexpensive foam or caulk to seal cracks in your doors and windows. This prevents heat loss during winter and stops cool air loss during summer!
- Take a shorter shower. Cut down on your heating energy by taking a shower instead of a bath, and taking a shorter shower!
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs. Make the switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL bulbs) that use up to 75 percent less energy!
Not only do you get to enjoy a lower monthly bill, but saving energy will actually benefit the planet! That’s what we call a win-win situation.
Contact Tompkins Insurance Agencies for a home insurance policy that works for you.