This mushroom stuffing will complete your Thanksgiving table.
If you’re prepping for Thanksgiving meal, you’re sure to include a stuffing dish! If you want a better side dish to add to your table than store-bought stuffing, then this mushroom stuffing recipe is for you! It’s easy to make, it uses simple ingredients, and it’s delicious with every Thanksgiving meal.
Whip this one up for your Thanksgiving!
- 1 large loaf whole wheat bread, cubed and dried (about 10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-large yellow onions, diced
- 4 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups roasted chestnuts, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ to 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions, celery, and fennel, and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more. Turn off heat and add the bread, chestnuts, herbs, and olive oil. Mix well, then add broth until the stuffing is quite moist but not overly soggy. Add salt and pepper if you’d like.
- Place in an oiled casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, until stuffing is crusty on top.
From the professionals at Tompkins Insurance Agencies, we wish you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving! For help in securing insurance policies to suit your needs, contact us today.