At Tompkins Insurance Agencies, we want to provide you with the resources you need to get the policies you deserve – and actually understand them.
- Liability Insurance: Insurance designed to protect you.
- Fleet: A group of five or more commercial vehicles.
- Lost Wages: The income an employee would have earned had he or she not been injured or fallen ill on the job. Workers’ compensation can cover these wages.
- LICA: Land Improvement Contractors of America.
- Collision Coverage: Auto insurance that will cover the cost of repairing your vehicle after an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Auto insurance that will cover non-accident related costs like theft, vandalism or damage from a fallen tree limb.
- Policy Limit: The amount up to which your policy will pay out. For example, your homeowners insurance likely has a policy limit of around $2,500 for your jewelry.
- Umbrella Insurance: This coverage lays like an umbrella over your existing coverage (e.g. homeowners insurance, auto insurance) and protects your liability.
- ERISA: The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. Your business needs to comply with ERISA’s minimum standards for health and pension plans.
- HSA: Health savings accounts (HSAs) allow your employees to pay for high deductibles with dollars that are accrued before taxes.
- FSA: Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) allow your employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for medical expenses, care for their dependents, and more.
- Voluntary Benefits: Benefits your business offers for which your employees pay.
- Home Equity Credit: You can leverage the equity you’ve built in your home as collateral for a new home equity line of credit.
- FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Ranked among the top 100 commercial insurance brokers in the nation.
Ranked among the Top 100 independent property/casualty agencies in the nation.
Consistently ranked among the Top 3 commercial insurance firms in the Rochester/Monroe County area.
Named Agency of the Year.
We're proud our employees ranked us among the nation's best insurance agencies to work for!