Tompkins Insurance Agencies Top Holiday Safety Tips!Posted on December 20, 2018
Happy Holidays from the team at Tompkins Insurance Agencies!
Now that everyone is starting to wind down for the holidays, we thought we’d take this opportunity to remind you of some basic, but critical, safety tips you need for the season.
- Turn off all holiday lights and blow out candles before leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Test your smoke alarms monthly.
- Avoid leaving the kitchen while cooking.
- Avoid wearing long-sleeved and loose fitting clothing while cooking.
- Be aware of any of your guests’ allergies and intolerances beforehand.
- Make sure your family and visitors know how to escape in an emergency.
- Never overload electrical sockets.
- Never drink and drive – and don’t let guests drive if they have been drinking alcohol.
We hope that you have a safe and fun holiday! Please be aware that our offices will be closed at 3 pm Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day, but our 24/7 customer care line is always open. If you need us, call us at 1-888-261-2688 (in NY) or 1-888-601-2611 (in PA).
From the team at Tompkins Insurance Agencies, Happy Holidays!