Staying safe while using ride-sharing services in the pandemic.
For some people, life cannot pause. If this is you, you may be driving for or using ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft. Because of the recent coronavirus outbreak, it’s more important than ever for you to be considerate of others when using or driving for such services. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe.
- Don’t drive if you don’t feel unwell. Even if you feel slightly rundown, don’t risk infecting others. Stay home and rest.
- Keep the inside of the car as germ free as possibleby cleaning it often.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces before and after every passenger. Wipe down door handles, seats, armrests, window buttons, and more.
- Temporarily stop providing water, gum, and the ability for the passenger to charge their phone. This just increases the chance of spreading germs.
- If possible, have hand sanitizer available for you and passengers.
- Help minimize the spread of germs by wearing a mask and gloves.
- Avoid touching too much while you’re in the car. If you need to open the window or door, ask the driver.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it often.
- Please don’t travel when you’re sick. You risk getting the driver and more passengers ill.