These Irish shamrock cookies aim to please this St. Patrick’s Day!
How will you be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th)? Whether you’re eyeing up green beer or preparing Irish stew (or both!), these Irish shamrock cookies are not to be missed! What better way to top off the holiday than with a festive sugar cookie? This recipe is easy, quick, and will please everyone at your St. Paddy’s Day celebration.
- Oil for lightly greasing the cookie sheets
- 1 cup sunflower oil margarine
- 1-1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1-1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Green liquid food coloring
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter
- Lightly grease the cookie sheet or sheets.
- Mix the butter, sugar and mashed banana, and vanilla.
- Blend in the flours and baking soda.
- Blend in the liquid food coloring to the desired color.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the dough just under 1/4″ thick.
- If rolled out on a floured surface – place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cut with a shamrock cookie cutter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
The team at Tompkins Insurance Agencies wishes you a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day! Whatever your plans, we hope that you enjoy these delicious cookies that will have you thinking you’re across the pond! Visit us today for help securing your insurance needs today.